All You Need To Know About This New Aadhaar Card
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which manages the government’s Aadhaar biometric ID programme, recently rolled out the Aadhaar identification card in a new form. The new Aadhaar identification is printed on a polyvinyl chloride (PVC)-based card, which comes in the size of an ATM or debit card. Aadhaar enrollees can obtain the new PVC Aadhaar card by paying a fee of ₹ 50.
A PVC Aadhaar card can be ordered using this link. This is a paid service. The user has to pay a fee of ₹ 50 to get a PVC Aadhaar card. The Aadhaar PVC card is delivered to the registered user by Speed Post, according to the UIDAI.
Users without an Aadhaar-registered mobile number can also order a PVC Aadhaar card. According to the UIDAI, one can order PVC-based Aadhaar cards for an entire family online using one mobile number.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to order a PVC Aadhaar card online using this paid service:
- Click on the link: https://residentpvc.uidai.gov.in/order-pvcreprint
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number/ 16-digit virtual ID/28-digit EID to begin
- Enter security code
- If using a non-registered mobile number, click on the required box of ”my mobile number is not registered”
- Enter the OTP
- After submitting, you will get a preview copy of the PVC card
- Click on the payment option, pay ₹ 50 to order one PVC card
- There are no limits on the number of orders and the amount is applicable for each order
- The Aadhaar PVC card will be delivered by Speed Post within five working days (excluding the date of request)
How To Track Status Of PVC Aadhaar Card Order
- Visit the uidai.gov.in website and select the “Check Aadhaar PVC Card Status” option. Here’s the direct link.
- On the next page, titled “Check Aadhaar Reprint Status”, enter details such as the 12-digit Aadhaar number (also known as Unique Identity Number) and the Service Request Number (SRN).
- SRN is a 28-digit number issued after a user orders a PVC print online.
- Click on “Check Status” to proceed.
The Unique Identification Authority of India provides updates on its services through social media from time to time.