Delhi govt launches e-vehicle portal, claiming of subsidy now hassle-free
In a bid to encourage the usage and buying of electric vehicles in Delhi, the Arvind Kejriwal government launched a web portal — ev.delhi.gov.in — for the same on Friday. People buying e-vehicles can now easily claim subsidies without any hassle on the portal.
The Delhi government had in August launched the new electric vehicle policy “to generate employment to give a boost to Delhi’s economy and reduce pollution levels in the national capital”.
“After launching this policy, we expect registration of 5 lakh new electric vehicles in the next 5 years,” Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had said.
Announcing a ‘scrapping incentive’ under the policy, Kejriwal had further said that up to Rs 30,000 for 2-wheelers, autos, e-rickshaws and up to Rs 1.5 lakh for cars will be given as financial assistance under the electric vehicle policy.
“Delhi Government will provide financial assistance to those buying electric vehicles under Electric Vehicle Policy. Financial assistance of Rs 30,000 will be given on the purchase of 2-wheelers, Rs 1.5 lakh on cars and Rs 30,000 on auto-rickshaws and e-rickshaws,” CM Kejriwal had mentioned.
A dedicated ‘EV Cell’ will be set up to implement the policy. The Delhi government will soon form the ‘State Electric Vehicle Board’ in this regard.
There will be no registration fee, road tax under electric vehicle policy as well as low-interest loans for electric commercial vehicles.
Salient points of Delhi’s Electric Vehicle Policy:
– Up to 30,000 subsidy on E-Rickshaw
– Waiver on Registration Fee & Road Tax for E-Vehicles
– 200 public charging stations
– Scrapping incentive
– Low-interest loan on the purchase of E-Vehicles
– Within 1 year, Delhi Govt aims to induct 35,000 E-vehicles
– Aims to constitute 25% e-vehicles by 2024
– Up to 30,000 subsidy on two-wheelers
– Up to 1.5 lakh subsidy on Cars
– Up to 30,000 subsidy on Auto-rickshaw
– Up to 30,000 subsidy on freight vehicles