Good news for Jan Dhan account holders! Government can make big announcement soon, take advantage like this
New Delhi: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: Under PM Jan Dhan Yojana, the account of the poor of the country is opened on zero balance in banks, post offices and nationalized banks. This is one of the most ambitious financial program of the government. Under this scheme poor person can easily open his bank account. Many types of financial benefits are available under this scheme. So let’s know about this plan.
Will get 1.30 lakh rupees
In the account opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, the account holder gets a total benefit of Rs 1.30 lakh. Apart from this, accident insurance is also available in it. The account holder gets accident insurance of Rs 1,00,000 along with general insurance of Rs 30,000. In such a situation, if something untoward happens to an account holder, then Rs 30,000 is available. Even if the account holder dies in an accident, his family gets one lakh rupees.
What is Jan Dhan Account?
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is the most ambitious financial program of the government. Under this, the account of the poor of the country is opened on zero balance in banks, post offices and nationalized banks. This account can be opened at any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitra) outlet.
How to open account?
If you want to open your Jan Dhan account, then you have to go to your nearest bank and fill the form. It will have to give detailed information like name, mobile number, name of bank branch, address of the applicant, nominee, occupation / employment and annual income and number of dependents, SSA code or ward number, village code or town code etc. Any citizen residing in India, whose age is 10 years or more, can open a Jan Dhan account.
These documents are mandatory
Aadhar card, passport or driving license or PAN card, voter card, NREGA job card, letter issued from authority, in which name, address and Aadhaar number are written, to open an account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana Documents, Gazetted Letter issued by the officer with attested photograph of account opening.
Benefits of this account (PM Jan Dhan Account Benefits)
1. Overdraft facility is available after 6 months of opening this account.
2. Accidental insurance cover is available up to Rs 2 lakh.
3. Life cover up to Rs.30,000 is available.
4. Interest is earned on the deposit.
5. Free mobile banking facility is available with the account.
6. Facility of RuPay Debit Card which makes it easy to withdraw money or make purchases from the account.
7. It is easy to buy insurance, pension products through this.
8. It is easy to open an account for pension in schemes like PM Kisan and Shramyogi Maandhan.
9. The best facility of transfer of money is available across the country.
10. The direct money of the benefits of government schemes comes into the account.