‘Hidden’ ATM card benefits! SBI vs HDFC vs PNB vs Rupay debit card- How they compare
ATM Card benefits: We use ATM, or Debit cards, mostly for taking cash out of ATMs or making cashless payments at various stores. But most of us do not know that all these debit cards come with several hidden benefits that we fail to enjoy very often, or when needed. Banks routinely come up with offers that debit card users can enjoy at several stores, restaurants and other points of purchases. To keep oneself updated, a customer is advised to check official website of respective banks. Apart from the offers, the debit cards, including the government’s Rupay card, provide benefits like accidental insurance. Take a look:
Rupay Debit Cards
The Rupay Debit Cards come in several variants, including, RuPay Platinum, RuPay Classic, RuPay PMJDY Card, RuPay PunGrain Card, Rupay Mudra Card and RuPay Kisan Card. These are issued by banks. “RuPay is India’s indigenous card scheme created by the National Payments Corporation of India.It was conceived to fulfill RBI’s vision to offer a domestic, open-loop, multilateral system which will allow all Indian banks and financial institutions in India to participate in electronic payments.It is made in India, for every Indian to take them towards a “less cash” society,” says the official website.
Rupay Debit cards come with a free and comprehensive insurance cover up to Rs 2 lakh. Earlier, the facility was limited only up to Rs 1 lakh. The Union government raised the amount to Rs 2 lakh recently. Different Rupay debit cards come with different benefits. Check here
HDFC Debit Cards
HDFC offers a range of debit cards with varying benefits and accidental/death insurance cover up to Rs 10 lakh. These are:
– Times Points Debit Card: It provides a minimum 10% discount on online shopping, lifestyle and dining categories. Customers can earn Times Points during shopping. It comes with free personal accidental death insurance Cover of up to Rs. 10 lakh.
– EasyShop Platinum Debit Card: It provides up to 1% Cashback (up to Rs. 750/month) on shopping at select merchant categories. Also, this card offers free Personal Accidental Death Cover of up to Rs. 10 lakh.
– JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card: This is the premium Debit Card that rewards you with free flights. On can accumulate JP Miles to redeem free flights.
– HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card: It provides 5 % Savings when you shop with Big Bazaar, BPCL, IRCTC website, Apollo Pharmacy, Snapdeal, PayZapp and SmartBUY. ALso, there is a personal accidental death insurance of Rs. 5 lakh.
– EasyShop Titanium Royale Debit Card (for HDFC Bank Salary Account holders): This provides up to 1% Cashback (up to Rs. 750 / month) on shopping at select merchant categories.
– EasyShop Titanium Debit Card: This provides higher daily limits on shopping and ATM withdrawals.
– Some other cards for worry-free shopping by HDFC are – EasyShop Debit Card, EasyShop Business Debit Card, EasyShop Womans Advantage Debit Card, EasyShop Gold Debit Card, EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card
– EasyShop NRO Debit Card for NRIs to use in India
– Rupay Premium Debit Card: It provides 5 % CashBack on Utility Bills paid using Debit Card; 1% Fuel surcharge waiver and personal accidental death/permanent disability insurance up to Rs. 2 lac
– EasyShop Rupay NRO Debit Card: This is a Debit Card designed especially for NRIs to use in India. It provides 5% cashback on Utility Bills paid using Debit Card. Also, the card offers personal accidental death/ permanent disability Insurance up to Rs. 2 lakh.
SBI Debit Cards
SBI offers different debit cards including SBI Classic Debit Card, SBI Global International Debit Card. SBI MasterCard Debit Card, SBI Rupay Debit Card, SBI Platinum International Debit Card. SBI Classic Debit Card provides FreedomRewards points on purchases are over 5 lakh outlets in the country. For every purchase of Rs 200, on gets 1 FreedomRewards point, which can be redeemed later.
SBI global international debit card can be used at over 30 million outlets worldwide. It can be used for withdrawing cash SBI ATMs across the world. Also provides 1 SBI Reward Point for every Rs 200 purchase. The SBI offers several exciting offers on its cards. Click here for more details.
PNB Debit Cards
The Punjab National Bank offers several premium and non-premium debit cards including Kisan cards. A PNB customer can get two additional cards for his/her family members (include parents, spouse and kids only). A PNB debit card user can transfer funds up to Rs 1 lakh per transaction to the account linked to the Debit card being users. There is no limit on the number of transactions one can make with PNB Debit cards.
PNB offers accidental Insurance claim on both of its premium and non-premium debit cards. For Rupay cards, the bank offers insurance for both Accidental Death/ Permanent Disability. The insurance amount assured on Non-premium Classic/ Kissan Debit Card is Rs 1,00,000 and Rs 2,00,000 on Premium Platinum/Gold Card/Rakshak Classic/ EMV International cards. For Master cards, PNB offers insurance is available for both accidental death and accident up to Rs 5 lakh. Click for more details.