How to bookmark those important messages on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world and most of us use it to speak to colleagues and friends and family as well. And often many important messages are shared on WhatsApp that could range from photos, screenshots, videos, etc, or simple important details that you need to remember, like a password perhaps? But thanks to a barrage of messages from other contacts, when you need that information the most, it is a task to find it while scrolling through all other messages and within the chat itself. WhatsApp has a handy fix for this. The Facebook-owned messaging platform comes with a feature called “Starred” messages that can help you cut through all the clutter and get to your important messages in a jiffy. All you have to do is to ‘star’ the messages that are important to you.
For example, a family member has shared a doctor’s prescription with you on WhatsApp and you need to buy those medicines for them. This message with a photo of the prescription/or just the names of the medicines might have been followed with a whole set of instructions of how much to buy, or where to buy these medicines from, etc. Now, imagine standing at a medical store trying to scroll through all the other messages to get to what you need. If you star the right message, you can pull it up in an instant.
How to star a message on WhatsApp
– On WhatsApp, open the conversation where you have the messages or messages that you need to mark as important.
– Select the message you want by long pressing on it. You can also select multiple messages this way.
– Once you select the message or messages, you will spot the star icon in the tab above the chat window.
– Tap on the star icon to bookmark this message.
How to view a starred message on WhatsApp
– Open WhatsApp and tap on the three-dot menu on the top right corner of the screen.
– In the drop-down menu you will see an option for “Starred Messages”.
– Tapping on this will show you all your starred messages across contacts and conversations.
– You can also see starred messages from a particular chat by opening the conversation, clicking on the profile photo of the contact, and then scrolling down to the “Starred Message” option under their profile.
How to unstar a message on WhatsApp
– This is just as simple as starring a message. You need to tap and select the message/messages you want to unstar.
– You will see an option to unstar it, click on that, and you are done.