How to check if your iPhone display is eligible for a free replacement
Anyone who has ever owned and used an iPhone will vouch for the fact that their heart skips a beat at the dreaded moment when the device accidentally hits the floor. After all getting the display repaired/replaced of an iPhone is bound to cost quite a lot. However, did you know that Apple has a display replacement programme — only for iPhone X — where if a user is facing any issues, he/she can get it replaced absolutely free of cost.
To find out if your iPhone is eligible for this or not, here are the steps to follow:
1. Check if the display, or part of the display, does not respond or responds intermittently to touch
2. The display reacts even though it was not touched
3. If you’re facing any of the above issues, take your phone to an Apple Authorized Service Centre
4. At the Apple Authroised Service Centre, your iPhone will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program.
5. If your iPhone X has any damage which impairs the ability to complete the repair, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved prior to the service.
6. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the additional repair.
7. If you meet the eligibility criteria, Apple will replace the display module on eligible devices, free of charge.
8. If you believe your iPhone X was affected by this issue, and you paid to replace your display module, you can get in touch with Apple and the company will refund your money.
Things to keep in mind:
If you’re not sure of which iPhone X you have, follow these steps:
* Go to Settings > General > About > Model Name
* Also, do note that no other iPhone model — apart from the iPhone X is eligible for this display replacement programme.