How to check internet speed using TRAI app
Users often head to speedtest apps or website to check the internet speed. Among the several apps and services, the popular ones are speedtest, Fast.com, etc which enable users to check their connection speed. The Telecom Authority of India also has a dedicated app named MySpeed (TRAI) that allows users to measure data speed.
Wondering how to go about it? Follow our ready-to-use guide:
First things first:
Download the ‘MySpeed’ app using the respective app store
For iOS users:
- Open Apple App Store
- Search for the app (MySpeed)
- Tap on the ‘Get’ button to download and install the app
For Android users:
- Head to Google Play Store
- Look for the app (MySpeed)
- Hit the ‘Install’ button to initiate the download process
1. Once you’ve downloaded the app on your phone, open it
2. Allow all the necessary permissions such as Location, manage phone calls, etc.
3. Now, tapon the bottom left button to check the internet speed
4. Then tap on the ‘Begin Test’ button to start the speed test process
5. Wait for the process to complete
6. Now, tap on the three horizontal bars to go to the results section
7. Here users can check all the speed test results
8. Tap on any result to get the detailed information
Note: The app not only sends the speed log to TRAI, but it also shares the coverage, network information and device location of the user. Having said that, the app also claims that it does not share/collect any of the user’s information.
After testing the speed users can also register a complaint with their respective service provider.