How to deposit money online in post office Sukanya Samridhi, PPF accounts
New Delhi: Post Office account holders can easily carry out basic banking transactions easily through India Post Payment Bank (IPPB). With IPPB one can easily check their balance, transfer money, and carry out other financial transactions through IPPB for which they had to visit the post office earlier.
Recurring deposit (RD), Public Provident Fund (PPF), Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) are some of the post office saving deposit schemes. IPPB allows customers to carry out the transactions smoothly. Recently, the government launched the DakPay digital payments app. This can be used by the post office and IPPB customers.
DakPay provides digital financial and assisted banking services provided by India Post and IPPB. It also facilitates services such as sending money, scanning QR code and making payment for services and merchants digitally. It will also provide interoperable banking services to the customers with any bank in the country.
Here is a step-by-step guide for transferring money in your post office Sukanya Samriddhi Account through IPPB:
- Add money from your bank account to IPPB account.
- Go to DOP Products. Choose Sukankya Samridhi Account.
- Write your SSY account number and then DOP customer ID.
- Choose the instalment duration and amount.
- IPPB will then notify you for a successful payment transfer made through IPPB mobile application.
Step-by-step guide for transferring money in your post office PPF through IPPB:
- Add money from your bank account to your IPPB account.
- Go to DOP services.
- From there you can choose products- Recurring Deposit, Public Provident Fund, Sukanya Samridhi Account, Loan against Recurring Deposit.
- If you want to deposit money in your PPF account, then click on Provident Fund
- Enter your PPF Account Number and DOP Customer ID.
- Mention the amount that needs to be deposited and click on the ‘Pay’ option.
- IPPB will then notify you for successful payment transfer made through IPPB mobile application.
- You can opt for various post office investment options provided by India Post and make regular payments through IPPB basic savings account.
- Funds can be transferred from other bank accounts to IPPB using the app.
PPF, SSY interest rate:
The government has kept the interest rates on small savings schemes, including PPF and Sukanya Samridhi, unchanged for the January-March quarter. Public Provident Fund (PPF) continues to carry an annual interest rate of 7.1 per cent. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana will offer 7.6 per cent rate during the fourth quarter of the current fiscal.