ICICI Bank launches WhatsApp banking service: Here’re all you need to know about the services
New Delhi: In order to make banking simpler for customers amid the 21-day nationwide imposed to stop the spread of Coronavirus, ICICI Bank announced the launch of banking services on WhatsApp. With the new WhatsApp banking facility, ICICI Bank customers will be able to undertake a slew of banking requirements from their home especially at a time when they are advised to stay indoors in the wake of lockdown.
Services available on WhatsApp:
Using the service on WhatsApp, ICICI Bank retail customers can check their savings account balance, last three transactions, credit card limit, get details of pre-approved instant loan offers and block/unblock credit & debit card in a secure manner with end-to-end encryption for all messages. Additionally, they can also get details of the nearest three ICICI Bank ATMs and branches in their vicinity. The customers can do all of these while they are on the social platform.
Any ICICI Bank savings account customer who is also on WhatsApp can access the new service. Also, customers carrying only a credit card of the bank can use this service to ‘Block/Unblock’ their card. Non-ICICI Bank customers can also use this instant service to know the location of the bank’s branches/ATMs in their vicinity.
Here’s how you can start ICICI Bank WhatsApp banking:
• Add the number 9324953001 to your contacts and send ‘Hi’ to start a conversation by getting a secure and interactive menu on your mobile screen through WhatsApp messaging platform. The bank will respond with a list of services available
• Type keyword for service: From the list of services, type the keyword of the service required (keywords are highlighted in the conversation for easy recognition), For example: <Balance>, <Block> etc. The service is carried out and displayed instantly.
List of banking and other services available on WhatsApp:
Banking services and its keywords:
1. Check account balance: Type any keyword like <balance>, <bal>, <ac bal> among others
2. View last three transactions: Type <transaction>, <stmt>, <history> among others
3. Get outstanding balance and view available credit limit of credit card: Type <limit>, <cc limit>, <cc balance> among others.
4. Block/Unblock credit and debit card instantly: Type <block>, <lost my card>, <unblock> among others
5. View details of available pre-approved instant loans: Type <loan>, <home loan>, <personal loan>, <instant loans> among others
6. View nearest ICICI Bank ATM and branch: Type <ATM> , <branch> among others
7. Check available nearby offers on travel, dining, shopping: Type <offer>, <discounts> among others
Is WhatsApp Banking secure?
Yes, banking on WhatsApp is safe. All messages are secured with end to end encryption. Your account information is not shared with anyone. You do not need to enter any confidential information such as PIN or password on WhatsApp.