Jio Giga Fiber Broadband: 10 things you should know about the High Speed internet service
With the mobile network sector firmly under its grip, The Reliance Jio network is set to disturb the fixed-line broadband sector with the state of the art Jio Giga Fiber Broadband services.
The fiber to home service was under user testing for almost 2 years now. Along with this service, jio is also looking to take over the home entertainment sector with the introduction of GigaTV set-top box.
Jio Giga Fiber Broadband aims to take the lead of the highly competitive sector. Reliance has built its framework from the ground up and is now looking to lure customers by offering speeds up to 1 Gbps.
It will be simultaneously introduced in 1100 cities with the objective of providing Ultra HD TV entertainments, VR gaming, hassle-free video conferencing, and shopping.
Here are some things you should know about the Giga Fiber services.
- Registration for the Jio Giga Fiber Broadband services will start on August 15 through jio’s website and also through the My Jio App. Reliance will prioritize to provide its initial services to the localities from which the most registrations happen.
- Jio has invested almost 250,000 crores into developing and installation of fibers and technology needed.
- The service will be practically free for the first 3 months, with users paying a security deposit just for the router.
- Along with the high-speed broadband services, reliance will also provide a range of home entertainment services like the Giga TV set-top box and voice assistants.
- With ultra HD TV’s already being sold in India, there is no reliable service that is offering quality content at such a high resolution, Jio will look to tap into this market with hundreds of Ultra HD channels.
- Jio will also provide its range of home security services along with the Jio Giga Fiber Broadband
- Giga Fiber will also be able to do TV video calling where customers can make video calls to other televisions which run on Jio’s network.
- Installation of the jio fiber line will not cost customers a penny with Mukesh Ambani promising super-fast setup and installation.
- Pricing details are yet to be announced but we expect to be on the lower side as jio expects to disrupt the market and gain a good market share within the first year just like jio mobile prepaid services.
- The preview offer for Jio Giga Fiber Broadband would include 100GB per month at a max speed of 100MBps with the cost being none for the first 3 months.
How did Jio Carve its way into the niche?
Well, Indian broadband services run on poor infrastructure and lag behind the data speeds other countries are getting
Reliance made it their primary mission to introduce state of the art infrastructure and laid out more than lakh kilometers of fiber to provide their services all across the county.
By using better infrastructure, the high-speed broadband services are expected to be very stable and will be able to provide a consistent speed of more than 100MBps.
We will have to wait till August 15 to register and a further 15 days is expected for the actual roll out to be confirmed. The future looks promising for Jio with the digital service provider looking to get into more sectors in the future.
What makes it even better is the customer will gain ultimately with all the providers switching their tactics and offering low charges for their services as well.
Source by discountwalasShare: