Keep Your Driving License Safe Online, Here are the steps to follow
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has partnered with DigiLocker to make digital Driving Licenses (DL) available to Indian citizens, according to the official website of DigiLocker – https://digilocker.gov.in/
Under the partnership, DigiLocker will now directly integrate with the National Register, which is the national database of driving license and vehicle registration data across the country, said DigiLocker. The users of DigiLocker can now easily access the digital form of RC both on their mobile devices and on computers.
Benefits of Digital Driving License
• As per the DigiLocker, the digital Driving License will minimize the use of physical documents.
• The citizens can share the authentic digital driving license directly from the data source.
• The digital driving license can be shared with other departments as a proof of address and proof of identity thereby reducing the administrative work.
• The digital Driving License can be spot verified for authenticity either by scanning the QR code on digital documents or by using the QR scan facility on DigiLocker mobile application.
Steps for Securing Digital Driving License Through DigiLocker
• Users should first link their Aadhaar Card number with DigiLocker account.
• Once it is done, they have to click on the Pull Partner Documents section.
• Then select the issuer and the type of document and enter the document related details.
• The document will be fetched from the database.
• Now save a permanent link (URL) to this digital document under the “Issued Documents” section for later use.