Rule To Withdraw EPF Without Employer Signature
Do you want to withdraw EPF without employer signature, because the employer is not cooperating? Do you want to go directly to EPFO because the previous employer is not signing your EPF Withdrawal form?
There may be many reasons which force you to withdraw the EPF amount directly from Employee Provident Fund Office. You are not the only person with this situation. There are lakhs of employees who want to get EPF money back without going to the employer. Fortunately, there is a way to get your money back without employer’s consent. But before that you should know the rule about EPF withdrawal before the age of 57 years.
Rules Of EPF Withdrawal
- You can withdraw your EPF amount if you have completed more than two months of service. There is relaxation in this mandatory waiting rule if you fulfill some conditions.
- You can withdraw your EPF amount if you have not got any job till two months after the resignation.
- You can withdraw 100% of the EPF corpus, the employer contribution and EPF interest upon it after 2 months of resignation.
- You can also partially withdraw some amount of PF in the certain situation.
- You can withdraw your PF amount online if Aadhaar is linked to UAN.
- If you withdraw PF before 5 years of continuous service, the PF amount would become taxable.
The rules do not state that an employer can hold the EPF amount of an employee. But, Many employer do not approve the EPF withdrawal form to arm-twist the employee. The employers try to enforce the notice period against the signature on EPF withdrawal form. This illegal practice is very common among errant employers. Due to this the employee suffers. Are you also one of them?
I am listing some of such problem which were posted in the comment section of the post on ‘online EPF transfer’.
You Can Get PF Without Employer Signature
Fortunately, the things are getting better. EPFO is really trying hard to contain the high handedness of the employer. First it was online PF transfer, which eased the PF account transfer very easy. Second, It came with universal account number which made EPF transfer and balance check an easier process. Now it, has also made the EPF withdrawal without employer approval a cakewalk. The UAN has made EPF withdrawal very easy. There are two methods to withdraw EPF without employers signature.
1. EPF Withdrawal Who has Given Adhaar Number
Some time back I have advised my readers to give Adhaar number to PF office as this would make EPF withdrawal easy. Now EPFO has introduced the Adhaar linked EPF withdrawal. This method of EPF withdrawal do not require any authentication, forget about the employer. It is as easy as filling bank withdrawal slip.
But, to avail this super easy facility, you must fulfill these conditions.
- You must have the UAN. UAN is allotted by the EPFO. You can check UAN status online. Even, you can generate UAN as well.
- You must have given the bank account and Adhaar number into UAN database.
- The employer should have verified the Adhaar number of the employee.
This process of EPF withdrawal do not ask anything related to your identity and KYC details. The EPFO verifies your identity with Adhaar data and deposit the money into the account authenticated by the employer. The employers are asked to verify the bank details and Adhaar number while you are in the service.
Steps to EPF Withdrawal
It is really very easy.
- Download the new form of the EPF withdrawal. This form is separate from the regular Form 19, Form 10C and form 31. The new forms are simplified and contains very few fields.
- In these form you need to fill the mobile number, name, UAN, Address, Date of leaving, reason of leaving, and PAN.
- To withdraw the EPF amount only, you should fill the ‘ Form 19 UAN ‘.
- To withdraw the pension benefit under EPS, you need to fill the form ‘10C UAN‘.
- Attach a canceled cheque along with these forms.
- Submit the new EPF withdrawal forms and canceled cheque to the regional EPF office.
Note, you have to keep in mind that EPFO would tally your bank account number of canceled cheque with the number mentioned in UAN database. Both of these accounts should match as EPF balance would be deposited into the bank account mentioned in UAN database.
All other information given in the forms should match with UAN database. It is better if you tally the form with UAN account before depositing the form.
Soon, there would be the EPF Apps. Through these apps you can withdraw EPF balance without any role of the employer.
2. EPF Withdrawal Who has Not Given Adhaar Number
This is old method of EPF withdrawal without employer’s signature. This method is still valid for those who don’t fulfill the criteria of the above method. In this method, you have to verify your identity. Since, employer do not verify, You have to attest your EPF withdrawal form from other credible authorities. These authorities are –
Manager of a bank.
Any gazetted officer.
Member of the Central Board of Trustees./ committee/ Regional Committee (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization).
Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/ Notary Public
As you can see, the list is long, who can attest the withdrawal form. But in practice attestation by the bank manager is preferable. Also, Manager should be from the branch, where you maintain an account.
Note that you have to take signature and stamp in every page of the application.
Since this is an alternative route, EPFO does not encourage this process. Also, there is more chance of fraud as well. Hence, It asks for a letter which should state the reason of the direct application for EPF withdrawal.
It is advisable to attach evidence, if any, of ‘non-cooperation’ by the employer. This will give weight to your application. Try to correspond in writing with your employer, so that you have some evidence of non-cooperation
Attach an indemnity bond (affidavit) in a 100 rupee stamp paper. Although it is not mandatory according to rules. But you should not take any chance.
Also, attach service proof. Application of one of Planmoneytax readers was rejected for the lack of service proof. Hence, you should attach copies of payslip, ID card, form16 or appointment letter from employer to substantiate your claim.
Also, attach a copy of your identity proof and address proof.
Other Points To Note For EPF Withdrawal Without Employer Signature
If the bank account number would be same as with the EPF record then it will help. Try to give your salary account of the previous job.
Also, If the attesting bank manager will be from the branch of your salary account branch then it would be better.
PSU bank manager carries more weight……Read more>>