Swiggy users, the company has a ‘warning’ you against this customer care scam
Online food delivery platform Swiggy has issued an advisory for its users on the occasion of Safer Internet Day, 2020. “Over the past few months, we’ve come across a few instances of people trying to obtain sensitive information from our customers, by posing as Swiggy customer care executives. Please note that any customer care number you may come across for Swiggy is fake” warned the company.
In a press release today, Swiggy said that neither the company nor its authorised representatives ask you for any financial information. It asked the users to “not share your debit/credit card number, CVV number, OTP, UPI/ATM pin and so on with anyone claiming to be a Swiggy representative”.
The food delivery service provider asked its users to watch out for websites/platforms that fraudsters use to steal their personal details. The methods include-
- Portals outside of Swiggy publicising fake toll-free customer care numbers.
- Fake websites, blogs, or suspicious posts on social media sites.
- Suspicious links sent to you via WhatsApp, SMS or email.
- Proactive calls from unauthorised numbers requesting for personal/financial information.
- Scamsters claiming you have a refund amount pending, in an attempt to get you to disclose sensitive information.
In a press statement, Swiggy warned its users to disconnect any call/communication that is suspected to be a call from a fraudulent person. “Swiggy has no connection with any of these fraudulent people, and no control over any information that you share with them”, the company said. Any details shared with these impersonators can compromise one’s personal and financial information, it added. Swiggy has also asked its customers to report about such fraudulent activities to the company, their respective banks as well as cybercrime cell immediately.