Tatkal Ticket Cancellation Process, Steps And Charges
Travelling by through train in India is itself a wonderful experience. Crossing trough the lush green fields, over the mountains across the lakes, the train journey gives you the best of all. However train travel in India can sometimes be intimidating. It can at times be really confusing to navigate through the Indian Railway system, but once you have figured it out Indian Railways isn’t that bad. One of the biggest hassles for people who seek to travel by train is that it is always overbooked and busy. The best and the wisest hacks in this case would be to know your itinerary and book ahead, but there are times when we plan to travel all of a sudden in this case booking a tatkal ticket would be a good option. The easiest way to book train tickets is to do online by visiting IRCTC. There might also be times when it becomes difficult to execute your prior plans or there might be some sudden change in the plan and you would wish to cancel the tickets. Here we will let you know all about the cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-tickets and waiting ticket cancellation charges. The rules for cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-ticket and waiting tickets cancellation charges may vary.
Tatkal Tickets Booking Rules
- Booking for Tatkal tickets in AC classes open at 10:00 am and for non-AC classes at 11:00 am, one day prior to the actual date of journey.
- As per the current rules, no refund is granted by the IRCTC on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets.
- Waiting or RAC tatkal ticket can be cancelled 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- If you have booked tatkal ticket for more than one passenger and some of the passengers from the list have confirmed ticket and some are on waiting list then on full cancellation of this ticket refund will be given for cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-ticket as well.
- If the train is running late by 3 hours or more and the passenger wishes to cancel his confirmed tatkal e-ticket then, he can file a TDR on IRCTC website for cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-ticket and refunds.
Steps for Cancellation of Confirmed Tatkal e-tickets
Step 1: Log in to your IRCTC account
Step 2: Go to ‘Cancel Ticket’
Step 3: Enter the PNR number and click on cancel ticket
Charges on Cancellation of Confirmed Tatkal e-Ticket
As mentioned earlier no refund is provided by IRCTC on cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-ticket.
Charges on Cancellation of Confirmed Tatkal e-Ticket (If the Train is Running Late by 3 hrs or More)
In case you have a confirmed tatkal e –ticket but the train you wish to travel is running late by 3 hrs or more you can claim your refunds on cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-ticket from IRCTC by filing a TDR request on IRCTC’s official site.
Charges on Cancellation of RAC/Wait List Tatkal e-ticket
On cancelling your RAC/Wait List Tatkal e ticket 30 min prior to the scheduled departure of the train, the traveller is entitled for full refund in lieu of a minimum charge of Rs.60/- by IRCTC.
Steps of Cancellation of Waiting Tickets Booked Online
Step 1: Log in to your IRCTC account
Step 2: Click on ‘Cancel Tickets’
Step 3: Choose the ticket you desire to cancel and click on ‘Cancel’
After you have cancelled your ticket a cancellation message would be sent you on your registered mail id and mobile number.
Waiting Ticket Cancellation Charges
- Waiting tickets cancelled up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the train will be entitled to refund.
- In case of e-ticket the waiting ticket cancellation charges will be can be cancelled only through IRCTC and the refund amount will be credited to the bank account from which payment has been made.
- If the train is running late by three hours or more and the passenger wishes to cancel the tickets, then no cancellation charges will be levied and the entire amount will be credited to your account.
- In case the waiting ticket is booked from the counter the ticket can be cancelled offline through the counter or even online. If the ticket is booked offline and cancelled online the passenger will have to collect the refund amount from the nearest counter.
Cancellation Charges on Confirmed Tickets
Train tickets booked online or offline can now be cancelled offline as well as online. The charges on cancellation of confirmed tickets (link this to the story on ‘Cancel Counter Train Tickets Online) may vary depending upon cancellation period and class of travel. Here is a brief of cancellation charges of confirmed tickets:
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges will be deducted depending upon the class of travel. In case of AC First Class an amount of Rs.240 will be charged for cancellation, for AC Second Class an amount of Rs.200 will be deducted, similarly in case of AC Third Class an amount of Rs.180 will be deducted and in Sleeper Class an amount of Rs.120 will be deducted.
- In case the passenger cancels his tickets within 48 hours and up to 12 hours prior to the commencement of the train journey a flat rate of 25% of the ticket fare will be deducted irrespective of the class of travel.
- If the tickets are cancelled between 12 hours and up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the train flat 50% of the ticket fare will be deducted subject to minimum cancellation rate.
Inspite of the country developing so much and train travel being so popular amongst the people of India, there are many who still are not aware of many policies of IRCTC and are fooled by the travelling agents. Thus get to know all about cancellation of confirmed tatkal e-tickets and waiting ticket cancellation charges and avoid yourself from being fooled by the travel agents.
Source by:- hotdeals360Share: