You Can Book Your IRCTC Rail Ticket For Free: Here’s How?
While this may come as a sheer surprise for you to get an IRCTC rail ticket for free but this is possible and for it, you need to have an IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card.
Features of IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card
And before we go into the details of how you can avail the offer, here are detailed some of the key features of the IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card:
1. If you make ATM withdrawal within 30 days of receiving the card, you will earn cashback of Rs. 100
2. On booking rail tickets using IRCTC, the railway’s online ticket booking site for AC1, AC2, AC3 and AC CC coaches, the customer will be entitled to receive 10% value back in the form of reward points. 1 reward point equals to Rs. 1.
3. If within 45 days of getting the card, the customer spends a minimum of Rs. 500, he or she will get 350 activation bonus Reward points.
4. For every Rs. 125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases that include booking IRCTC ticket, 1 reward point will be given
5. Transaction charges for booking IRCTC tickets will be charged at a lower rate by 1.8%.
6. Also, airline tickets will be available at highly competitive rates.
7. Also, using the IRCTC SBI platinum credit card, you will not be charged 1% fuel surcharge across all the retail pumps for a transaction valued at between Rs. 500- Rs. 3,000 that is exclusive of GST and other levies.
8. Get maximum surcharge waiver of Rs. 100 per statement cycle per credit card account
Charges For IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card
*Joining fee: Rs 500 that is one time
* Annual fee: Rs 300
How To Book IRCTC Rail Ticket For Free?
So, as you note that for every Rs. 125 spent on the non-fuel purchase, you are entitled to get 1 reward point which is equivalent to Rs. 1. You can for sure book one or two rail ticket in a year for free if you make your purchase using IRCTC SBI Platinum credit card.
This Is How The Offer Works:
So, say to a book a rail ticket priced Rs. 1000, you will need 1000 reward points and that you will get after you have spent as much as Rs. 1,25,000 via your credit card. And if we consider further maths then a person will need to shelve out Rs. 10,416 on a monthly basis to avail the offer. This is achievable in case you pay for your monthly grocery and other expenditures using SBI Platinum credit card.
So, for a ticket priced Rs, 1000, you will be able to get it for free, if you spend approximately Rs. 1.25 lakh.
For securing a rail ticket of Rs. 2000 for free, your spend should be Rs. 2.5 lakh
For securing a rail ticket of Rs. 2500 for free, your spend should be Rs. 3.125 lakh
For securing a rail ticket of Rs. 3000 for free, your spend should be Rs. 3.75 lakh